Hernia Surgery in Fort Worth, TX
Experts in minimally invasive hernia repair surgery.
The board certified general surgeons and hernia repair specialists at Medical City Alliance’s Hernia Center are experts in performing minimally invasive, single site, laparoscopic and open hernia repair surgery.
Types of Hernias Treated at Medical City Alliance Include:
- Complex hernia, incarcerated hernia, strangulated hernia and recurrent hernia
- Groin hernia, including femoral hernia and inguinal hernia
- Hiatal hernia, a movement of part of the stomach up into the chest cavity
- Umbilical hernia, an abdominal hernia which occurs at the navel
- Ventral hernia, occurs in the front midline of the abdomen and includes incisional hernia, epigastric hernia and Spigelian hernia
Physicians and staff at Medical City Alliance are skilled in using the state-of-the-art da Vinci® Surgical System Si and have access to the world’s largest robotic surgery database. This allows them to stay on the leading edge of the very latest treatments, tools and technology.
Patient benefits of da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery include:
- Fewer complications
- Shorter hospital stays — in some cases, surgery is an outpatient procedure
- Less blood loss
- Minimal scarring — especially with single site (single incision) hernia repair surgery, which is done through one tiny incision in the belly button
For surgeons, the da Vinci robot offers improved visualization, greater precision and enhanced dexterity. Because of this, minimally invasive techniques such as robotically-assisted surgery are always considered first and used when appropriate.
Medical City Alliance Hernia Center: A Higher Level of Quality and Care
Whether your hernia repair surgery is an outpatient or inpatient procedure, at Medical City Alliance you have the peace of mind of knowing that the resources and staff of a full-service hospital are here for you should you need them. Our general surgeons work closely with specialists from related fields, including Family Health Care, Heart & Vascular, Laboratory Services and others to provide patients with a higher level of quality and care.
Doctors designated as Medical City Alliance Hernia Center surgeons have earned this distinction by meeting and maintaining an elevated set of standards and qualifications, including:
- Active member of the American Hernia Society, which includes access to research data and best practices from top surgeons across the country
- Performs 70% of total hernia surgeries using minimally invasive techniques and procedures
- Completed a minimum of 100 minimally invasive hernia repair surgeries
- Meets or exceeds Hernia Center quality metrics
- Accepts new patients with the goal of setting an appointment as quickly as possible
- Collaborates with other Hernia Center physicians and shares best practices
- Speaks at or participates in community education events